Just this little favor...

>> Tuesday, September 16, 2008

We were up until 2am last night little girl.

You started to drift off in my arms after your brothers went to bed but I should have known by that little smile on your face that it wasn’t going to last. I put you down in your bed right next to mine and you giggled softly. I got into my bed and started to read thinking you might get bored and decide to sleep, but instead I started to drift off only to jump awake when you threw your blanket at me. I peeked and you laughed and it was on! We played and you thought it was hilarious when you made your bunny kiss Mommy. I KNOW I’m supposed to be training you to sleep through the night (not to mention in your own room) and I’m pretty sure getting some extra zzz’s would do wonders for me also. But…nope…this is our time, Daddy’s at work and your brothers are asleep and it’s just us.

Kisses, and snuggles, and silly belly laughs…these are the things we need now…sleep is for wusses anyway right?

Tomorrow we’re going to take you to that big building you can’t stand. Not even two, but when we pull up to that parking garage you start to fuss because you know you’re not going to like it. We’re going to take you to that building and I’m going to sit with you while they make you fall asleep, and then the doctors are going to fix your eyes. As you fall asleep I’m going to reassure you and tell you it will all be OK…


*PLEASE let me be right*

Mommy and Daddy will be in a room not very far away, but you’ll be able to feel us right by your side, willing for everything to be fine just like we were before. So hear our thoughts and feel our hearts and think of bunnies and giggles and belly laughs OK?

Now I know from your last surgery that this anesthesia thing tends to make you a little grumpy and breathing is not always at the top of your to-do list, but if you could do Mommy and Daddy just this little favor and breathe nice and deep when they take you off the vent it’ll make things go even better…

I know…since the day you were born I’ve been on you about that breathing thing…just humor me ‘K?

1 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP