The Ghandi Experiment - BE the change…

>> Friday, October 1, 2010

I am SO freaking tired.

I’m tired of feeling annoyed. I’m tired of feeling outraged at the latest injustice directed my way. I’m tired of my first reaction being snarky. I’m tired of assuming the other person is stupid or out to get me. I’m tired of feeling underappreciated and undervalued. I am so damn tired of so often seeing the bad instead of the beauty.

One of my favorite quotes is from Ghandi who said: “We must be the change we wish to see in the world.”

I also firmly believe that my outlook and my intention go a long way toward determining my reality. If I make an effort to see the beauty then it will be there. If I try to see past the offense I might find that the offense was never there or in the least that it was not intended. What if (gasp!) it was never even about me to begin with? (I know right?!?)

In order to be the change that I wish to see in my life I am going to commit to one month of documenting that change. At least once a day for the month of October I am going to strive to find an opportunity to assume the best about someone, to respond from a place of security rather than defensiveness, to ask “How can I help?” rather than snarl “It’s not my job!”. I’ll try to assume someone is busy rather than ignoring me, or having a bad day rather than trying to ruin mine. I’ll recognize that the other person is at least trying rather than roll my eyes at their stupidity. I’ll then post it as my Facebook status at the end of each day.

I’m hoping that this will become habit and that pushing aside the negative and seeking out the positive will enable me to begin seeing the positive to begin with.

Because there’s just so very much of it to see…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP